Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Love Story




A Love Story
6/3/10

At the age of twenty-three I have come to the realization that I have never really been in love in any of my past relationships. I can remember thinking that I was in love at the time and feeling as if a part of my heart was being ripped right out of my chest when the relationship ended, but it wasn’t true love. Since I have allowed Christ to turn my life around and have accepted him into my life as my personal Lord and Savior I now know that what I thought was love was really just lust.

I have recently fallen head over heels in love with the Lord and come to realize that He is my first true love. The more time that I spend with Him the more I love Him. I am finding that I seem to love Him more and more each day. It has been almost a year and a half since I have given my life to the Lord and He has completely changed my life in ways that I never thought were possible. He loves me in a way that is so pure and true and nobody here on earth will ever be able to love me like He does. I no longer feel as if I need to find love in a man because Christ supplies me with all the love that I need.

There may come a day sometime in the future that the Lord sends a man into my life that He has for me and I will be ready if that shall ever come. I can promise you one thing though and that is that man is going to have to be pretty amazing if He is from God. If it is not in the Lord’s will for me to ever marry then I am content in knowing that He is my first love and He will never leave me or stop loving me no matter what I do. So for now God is writing my love story and I am going to continue to allow him to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment