Saturday, April 12, 2014

SURRENDER


For the past couple of weeks the word “surrender” has constantly been on my mind.  I've thought about it and what it means. I knew that God was the one telling me to surrender but at first I did not understand because I had already surrendered my life to him 5 years ago.  So, I searched to find other reason as to why this word was consuming my mind.  I talked to a couple people about it, read stuff about it and listened to songs about it. 

God finally showed me that there is a specific situation that I've been holding onto for a while now and it’s time to surrender it to Him.  When He first showed me this my first thought was, “I’m not giving this to Him, I can handle it better on my own.”  After that the thought of surrendering the situation made me feel anxiety and fear.  It wasn't long after that the thought of surrendering made me hurt.  While talking about this with a friend, God showed me that surrendering the situation does not mean that I ignore what happened or act like everything is all better.  It simply means I am giving the situation to Him and I am allowing Him to help me rather than doing it on my own.    My focus is on Him and not the situation itself.  Since then He has reminded me that His ways are greater than my own.  When I am too weak to walk or fight a battle He remains strong and gives me the strength that I need to win the war!

What is it that you are holding on to?  Are you ready to surrender it to the Lord and allow Him to help you?  He is waiting with arms wide open!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Surrendering is giving your All to the ALL in ALL! He is all we need because he tells us that the battle is not ours but His. Proud of you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! He is ALL we need!

    ReplyDelete